Friday 15 June 2012

Time for Birthdays


Auren turned five years old today.
He is growing up quickly.
So we remind ourselves to enjoy these early years.
Time with each other is still well spent.





I spent most of my childhood fishing.
Auren shows the same enthusiasm for casting a line.
And I see myself.





Fern had her birthday already.
She has assumed her role as a three year old with authority.
Unstoppable.





The 'little baby' days are short.
Meer has a close watch on her older siblings.
She will soon stand among them.





A birthday is a milestone.
But it is also a reminder to stop and reflect.
We need that.




I don't want to keep photos.
I want to remember these years without looking back through albums.
For that, I must take more time than just birthdays.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment