Tuesday 25 September 2012

Garden Salsa & Drying Herbs, by Kira













 




This past week has been spent nursing colds and preserving the last few goodies from the gardens.


The kids and I made a big batch of salsa. I experimented with the recipe.
I can never seem to follow a recipe.
Nor do I write out a recipe when I have made something awesome,
relying on my memory for the next time I make it.
I really should use a log book.



The ingredients that went into the salsa:


A mix of heirloom tomatoes
Green tomatillos
Green peppers
Jalapeño peppers
Onion
Garlic
Cilantro
Lemon juice
Salt
Cumin


 


















Drying the last of the Herbs!
I cut and strung the herbs and hung them outside for the day.


We moved them inside this evening to finish drying.

For seasoning:

Lemon thyme (one of my favorites)
English thyme

Drying for Teas:

Peppermint
Spearmint
Blackberry leaves

I am thinking how nice it will be to come home from snowshoeing this winter to a hot cup of peppermint tea


and a cozy fire!

 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment